Charity Car Events proudly supporting Beyond Blue is pleased to announce two 2020 HireExpress Beyond Bitumen Rallies.
We are actually running the Rally twice in 2020. Once in March (our usual time) and then again at the end of May, as we expect that the March event will be fully subscribed. We will cap the number of entries to 80 vehicles to ensure your safety and that you will enjoy the rally. Just nominate which event when you register.
Please share this new with your Networks.
The first Rally for 2020 will officially commence in Goulburn NSW on the morning of Friday 27th March and the second Rally on Friday 29th May. The event registration is on Thursday evening 26th March and 28th May at The Astor Hotel in town. On Friday (after breakfast) we head off through the following towns (via a lot of amazing dirt roads):
We will meet up at the HOTEL ASTOR in Goulburn. It’s a great time to catch up with friends from previous events, and get into the spirit of this year’s event. We will also have a team briefing for first time participants, so you will not be overwhelmed on the Friday morning. The ASTOR has accommodation on site, and there are several other motels nearby. There should be plenty of beds in Goulburn on the night (unless the Police Academy decide to hold a passing out parade on the Friday morning (We’ve been caught out with this once before)).
After leaving GOULBURN, we will visit BRAIDWOOD for lunch, then pass through NIMMITABEL and DALGETY before arriving in JINDABYNE for our overnight stop. The Lake Jindabyne Hotel will be our gathering place tonight. They have both refurbished and budget rooms available. The Rydges Horizons Resort have more upmarket accommodation. The Banjo Paterson Inn has rooms overlooking the lake too.
We leave JINDABYNE and head south on the BARRY WAY, crossing into Victoria by mid morning. We pass through the (almost non existent) village of SUGGAN BUGGAN, before heading west to OMEO for lunch. This afternoon sees us head to the iconic Vic High Country village of DARGO, before crossing the alpine High Plains to BRIGHT for a lively Saturday night stopover. Bright is busy all year round, so book early here.
We climb over Mount Porepunkah to leave BRIGHT and head to BEECHWORTH (watch out for MAMILs this morning “Middle Aged Men in Lycra”, it’s a very popular area for cyclists). After Beechworth we traverse through some rich grape growing areas to GLENROWAN for lunch. After lunch we criss cross the vineyards heading to RUTHERGLEN then on to ALBURY for our Awards Dinner and Auction Night. For the MAIN EVENT (March) Rally, we’ll be at the Albury Racing Club (opposite the Airport). For the Re-Run (May) event we’ll probably be at a smaller venue somewhere in Albury or Wondonga.
After leaving ALBURY we’ll head along the classic dirt road to Jingelic on the banks of the Murray River, before heading into mountain country. We’ll pass through TUMBARUMBA, BATLOW and ADELONG before finishing at GUNDAGAI. Gundagai is only 4 hours from Sydney, or 5 hours from Melbourne, so you’ll be back home in your own cosy bed on Monday night. Over these four days we will see plenty of rural NSW & VIC including The Barry Way, beautiful old historic country towns and some great dirt roads that only the locals know about (and us). The Rally will finish up in Gundagai NSW on Monday afternoon 30th March and 1st June. To register just fill in the form below and we will be in touch soon. If you need additional information contact Peter by email here or phone 0414 284 489.EligibilityThere are 3 categories of eligible vehicles:-
- Any well prepared charity event or similar vehicle, is eligible to enter. If your charity car only gets used one week each year, or hasn’t been used for several years, this is a great opportunity to dust it off and get some more fun out of it. All vehicles must be registered and insured.
- Any modern 4WD vehicle vehicle (Landcruiser, Patrol, Discovery, HiLux, Navara, Triton, etc.) Some SUVs may also be suitable, but it will depend upon the actual roads that we will take on the event. Please check with Peter for individual cases.
- Any road registered rally car is also eligible to enter, as many of the roads we use have also been used for some of the iconic rounds of the Australian Rally Championships. All vehicles must be registered and insured.
If you don’t have a suitable vehicle but still want to participate, we can put you in touch with a 4WD hire company that can provide vehicles ready to go at economical rates.
You will need to cover the following expenses:-
- Entry Fee: a $600 Entry Fee is payable to Charity Car Events Pty Ltd. Paid via Credit Card or Bank Transfer when you register.
- Minimum Donation or Sponsorship: Remember, this is a fundraising event for Beyond Blue. 3 million Australians are living with anxiety or depression. Beyond Blue is working to reduce the impact of anxiety, depression and suicide in the community by raising awareness and understanding, empowering people to seek help, and supporting recovery, management and resilience.
- The minimum Donation is $1,500: There are a number of different ways that this can be paid. We will help you through this process. Remember to get your friends and contacts to support your endeavours. All their donations will be credited as part of your $1,500. Of course, you can raise as much money as you want to go towards such a great cause. The highest individual fundraising so far has been $50,000 in one year.
- Meals: All meals will be at your own cost. Some meals will be prearranged and provided by local schools and service clubs, etc. for a small fee. Others will be arranged at country pubs if there are limited choices nearby. Meal money for these prearranged meals (last year was $275 per head) will be due 4 weeks before the event. Details will be sent via our regular newsletter.
- Accommodation: Will be at your own cost. We suggest you book your accommodation early to ensure you get a bed, particularly in the smaller towns. More info on suggested hotels coming soon via our newsletter.